Saturday, May 12, 2007

Duran Duran - Here, Piggy Piggy...

One day, many many years ago, I was walking back from dinner at the university cafeteria with a bunch of kids from my dormitory. It was a lazy summer evening in Manhattan and we were all shuffling about, muttering about this and that. Then this one cutie in the group started to sing a few bars from the Duran Duran song "Rio". I looked over and knew right then and there that this boy was going to be my friend forever. We spent the next few hours singing and gushing and babbling like kids, over this stupid band from the 80s that we loved so dearly.

Well, today is my Piggypoo's birthday. And to celebrate, I am posting an extended tribute to one of the most awful and fantastic music groups of all-time, Duran Duran! Below are 14 of their greatest hits - one for every year that I've known him.

Happy birthday, Babydoll!

"Rio"


"Save a Prayer"


"Hungry Like the Wolf"


"The Reflex"


"Girls on Film", Uncensored


"The Chauffeur", Uncensored


"Planet Earth", Night Version


"Lonely in Your Nightmare"


"Union of the Snake"


"A View to a Kill", James Bond Theme


"Notorious"


"Serious"


"Come Undone"


"Perfect Day", Velvet Underground cover

No comments: