Saturday, May 19, 2007

Chaka Khan - The Every Woman

I was just going to post one of her videos tonight, but I couldn't resist. She's just so fucking AMAZING! Completely unique and special and gifted, her voice is a national treasure. And she is one funky bitch!! Oh yeah, and she gave women a seriously kickass anthem... How could I not do a tribute? You'll thank me, I promise.

"I'm Every Woman" (I know you sing this in the shower.)


"Sweet Thing", live in 1973 with Rufus.


"You Got the Love", live with Rufus on Soul Train in 1974.


"Once You Get Started", performed live with Rufus on Dutch TV, in 1975.


Medly with Rufus of "Dance With Me", "Ooh I Like Your Loving" and "Have a Good Time", from 1975.


Chaka Khan playing drums for Rufus on a television show called Mike's People to Watch, in 1976.


"Hollywood", performed with Rufus in 1977. This song was later recorded by Erykah Badu.


"We Can Work It Out" a live cover of The Beatles, with Tom Jones, plus a solo of "See You in the Morning".


"Papillon (Hot Butterfly)", a rare television performance from 1980.


"What Cha' Gonna Do For Me?", performed in 1981.


"Masterjam", with Rufus in 1983.


"Do You Love What You Feel?", with Rufus in 1983.


"Ain't Nobody", performed live in the early 1980s.


"I Feel For You", the 1984 music video.


"Tell Me Something Good", live duet with Stevie Wonder.


"Fever", live in Germany.


"My Funny Valentine", live in Germany.


"Sweet Thing", live at Cafe de' Paris in London, featuring Prince on lead guitar & background vocals.

No comments: