Monday, September 10, 2007

Tony Bennett - He's Still Got It!

This weekend I got to experience another one of my dream concerts. For my birthday, I got to see Tony Bennett live at Radio City Music Hall. And he was AMAZING! Better than I had even dreamed. Tony & his quartet were musical perfection. Not a note out of place. Every song swoon-worthy. Standing ovations non-stop. The entire theater hung on his every whisper. He simply out-shown every performer on the circuit today. Truly outstanding.

And lucky me, I get to share the experience with you! Earlier this year, Tony Bennett recorded the bulk of his concert set for BBC One at LSO St. Lukes, London. And some wonderful person has uploaded most of it onto YouTube. So, enjoy!!

Accompaniment by Bruce Barth on piano, Gray Sargent on guitar, Harold Jones on drums and Paul Langosch on double bass.

"Watch What Happens"


"The Best Is Yet To Come"


"If I Ruled The World"


"Its A Sin To Tell A Lie"


"The Way You Look Tonight"


"Just in Time"


"For Once in My Life"


"The Shadow of Your Smile"


"All of Me"


"The Good Life"


"I Wanna Be Around" & "I Left My Heart in San Francisco"


"They Can't Take That Away from Me"


"How Do You Keep The Music Playing?"


"Stepping Out"


"Fly Me to the Moon"

No comments: